Friday, February 1, 2008

Kristen's reflections


It was a joy to return to Albania: see all the changes, connect with some brothers and sisters in Christ, meet some new folks, reconnect with the school where I taught , and hear what God is doing in this country in and through this beautiful people. A few highlights for me were having coffee with a former 2nd grade student who is now a sophomore in college and was back visiting his family in Tirana and meeting with the children's ministry team at Emmanuel church. I felt like these times were a way of connecting with my past in Albania and a fun way of connecting with what God has in the future for Albania...his kids there. A blessing for me for sure.

It was a joy to go as a family: To see this culture through the boys' eyes and hear them respond to what they were seeing, ask questions and just play with Albanian children. It was amazing how well they travelled and worked with the different circumstances we found ourselves in (late, late dinners, conversations that took some risk-taking, and many meetings with adults or college students.)

It was a joy to go with a team. I value so much the way we can work together and traveling with others was so good. It is always a joy for me to see how God has gifted different people and to see them share gifts and respond in different relationships and situations in Albania gave me great reason to praise God. Everyone helped so much with the Alex and TJ, and to watch Jeff use his gifts in leading a team there was great too.

I'm so thankful!

No comments: